Undoubtedly, Nepal is a beautiful country situated in South Asia with stunning landscapes and mesmerising mountains trails and iconic temples. But every few foreigners are aware of some amazing facts about Nepal which is truly gonna amuse them.
1. Out of the world’s top 10 tallest mountains, Nepal has 8 including Mount Everest
Nepal is often referred as country of Himalayas. It lies on the great himalayan trail and the most part of mountain range lies inside Nepal. Nepal consists of world’s tallest mountain Mt. Everest ( Sagarmatha in Nepali ) along with 7 other mountain peaks out of the top 10 tallest peaks in the world.
2. Nepal was never colonised
Nepal is the oldest country of South Asia. It existed many year before India, Pakistan or any other country came into existence. Even the British Army had to suffer huge loss in war with Nepalese Army. That’s the reason, British Army still enroll armies from Nepal.
3. Nepal is the only country in world with non-quadrilateral national flag; btw it’s mathematical too
Nepal is the only country in the world with non-quadrilateral flag. The two triangular flag consists moon on upper side and sun on lower side is more than 2000+ years old and it is quite mathematical too.
4. Nepal is the birthplace of Lord Gautam Buddha
5. Nepal is the only country in the world home to a living goddess, the Kumari
6. Nepal is the only country in the world to not have a time offset in multiples of 30 minutes from UTC
Yes, the time zone here is GMT+ 5:45.
7. Nepal is the only country where Shaligram can be found
Shaligram stone is the black colored Ammonid fossil found only in Nepal. According to the Hindu religion, the stone is the representation of Lord Vishnu. The Shaligram stones are mostly found near the Kali Gandaki river.
8. Nepal has the densest concentration of World Heritage Sites
Many cultural and archaeological heritages of Nepal was listed under UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. Kathmandu valley, the kingdom of Nepal alone has more than 7 world heritage sites with in the radius of 45km.
9. Nepal is the home to endangered species
Nepal has preserved many endangered species in it. One Horned Rhino, Bengal Tiger, Red panda are some the species which are about to endangered and are found in Nepal. Nepal also has unique bird called Spinny Blabber which is found only in Nepal.
10. Saturday is public holiday, not Sunday
Unlike other countries of the world, we have public holiday on Saturday.
We missed any? Let us know through the comments!